Whether you’re an HRN Affiliate or looking to start your own home-based business, you can use this list to determine if you or someone you know would benefit from launching a Homeowner Referral business.
Top 10 Reasons Why People Launch Homeowner Referral Networks®
1. To make money! Of course, this is everyone’s ultimate goal. And, because there’s very little overhead involved with operating an HRN, most people turn a profit within the first 6 months.
2. Work/life balance. Whether you already have children or are thinking of starting a family, the hours spent commuting and at the office make it almost impossible to get to baseball games, school events or even home for dinner. Operating a home-based HRN allows you to create a flexible schedule and spend more quality time with your family.
3. Second income. In today’s economy it’s become increasingly difficult to support a family on just one income. Many HRN owners have full-time jobs and are looking to supplement their income. An HRN can be operated successfully in the evenings and on weekends and from any location with a phone and a computer.
4. Saw the need for an HRN in their community. Most people will agree that finding reliable contractors can be a challenge. And, most of the people who launch HRN businesses share that they have had personal experiences (good and bad) with contractors in their community and want to help other homeowners avoid this problem.
5. Contacts in the industry. As the saying goes, it’s not “what” you know it’s “who” you know. Many HRN owners are realtors, local store owners, decorators or designers who know good contractors, want to capitalize on their contacts and create another income stream for their existing businesses.
6. Retired or preparing for retirement. Let’s face it, many of us will have to work to supplement our retirement income and an HRN is a great way to do that! 90% of the HRN business can be operated by phone or computer and you’ll be able to create a flexible schedule that will allow you to spend quality time with your grandchildren or playing golf!
7. Tired of the 9-5. The frustrations of working for someone else often motivate people to launch HRN’s. While operating your own business can be a challenge, it beats working for someone else!
8. Helping others. Nothing is more gratifying than helping other people and an HRN owner does just that. HRN owners develop personal relationships with homeowners and contractors and they help good contractors build their businesses while taking the headaches out of home improvements for their clients at the same time. It’s a win-win!
9. Lost job. Unfortunately, losing your job is not uncommon in today’s economy. But, many HRN owners take a job loss as an opportunity to finally launch a business of their own.
10. Had the idea but didn’t know where to start. Many HRN owners have had the idea for a contractor referral service but just didn’t know where to start. They launch HRN’s because it saves them the time, energy and investment of starting from scratch. They also like knowing that, as an HRN owner, you’re in business for yourself, not by yourself!